Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friendship

Friendship
I never knew
what friendship meant
I never came across it
All there was
was me alone
no one to share my life with
Friendship
I got a glimpse,
there's such a thing
as friendship after all
I found two people
I call my friend's
it's a strangely wonderful thing
Friendship
A new sensation
I have more friends
they're wonderful to me.
I've never known
my true self
until I laughed with them
Friendship
they say new friends are silver
that old friends are gold
I seem to have forgotten my two friends I found,
I had lost a little
but found them once again
Friendship
So many know my name
when did this happen?
Too many to count have found
me worthy to be their friends
but one, a friend forgotten
heart broken by his friends
is alone............
Friendship
I must return all my love
to all who became my friend.
To this one I must return
more than I was given.
To save his happiness
I'll reach out
and become his friend again
Friendship
Not any other thing could change
even save the life
of the one who needs it most.
Such pain inflicted by such a thing
but nothing could heal more
by this means we can endure
more than our own hearts can bear

Friendship.............

1 comment:

  1. so just because i don't see you every day to bug you anymore does NOT mean there is any excuse for the lack of poetry on this blog recently :)

    ReplyDelete